Thursday, February 22, 2007

my hero.

I know this is going to sound really cliche, but my hero would have to be my mom, Melinda Ching. She`s the most energetic person I know and love. When she was younger, she was an awesome dancer which is my own benefit. Sometimes she watches my classes and tells me what I need to work on. She`s older now but she still likes dancing and claims that as long as she watches me, it feels like she`s dancing too. My mom is also the only 44 year-old woman I know who can still do the splits. When I grow up, I want to be just like her. She`s strict, but just strict enough to get my sister and I to follow the rules of the household. She knows how to have fun also. She`s the one who picks me up from school or dance and drives me to wherever I need to be. Her job is also amazing. She`s a lawyer for The Nature Conservancy mostly dealing with all the contracts and land they work with. She gets to travel to so many exotic places like Indonesia, Australia and Japan. Mostly because the company protects the biodiversity of the world. The job also allows her to go on various hikes around Oahu to observe the lands the company protects and estimate if any problems could occur there later. My mom also is the most confident person you will ever meet. She always brags about how she got through chemotherapy without losing all her hair. That`s probably another reason why my mom is my hero. She had a case of cancer and was still able to stay strong through chemotherapy. She couldn`t work for 3 months and she got irratable from always having to stay in the house, but she got through it ok. I admire her for being able to endure it. So basically, my mom is pretty much, my everyday all-around hero.

No comments: