Wednesday, March 14, 2007

ghost story.

Once, way back when, when Castle Hall still served as a girls` dormitory, the night marchers would march their way through it each night. Story tellers say that the reason for this was because wherever a building had two doors on the opposite sides of it leading in and out and a long hallway connected the doors, the night marchers would march through there at night. That`s how the first floor of castle hall is built, with the doors to the classrooms on the sides of the hallway, which were dorms instead of classrooms back then. For one girl, it was her first day there and she had joined at an awkward time during the school year and she hadn`t known about the night marchers because she had just moved there from california. She moved in with her roommates and everything seemed fine, they were getting along so well, they made her first night there like sleepover to welcome her there. There was a total of 4 girls now living in the room and they were all eating candy and gossiping in their room when they started to hear footsteps. They froze for a while and just listened to them as they got louder and louder and louder, staring at the door. The girls were having so much fun that they forgot to tell the new girl all about the night marchers including the most important rule of all, when you hear the footsteps, no matter what you stay in the room. The girl whispered to the one sitting on her bed next to her and whispered, "What`s that?" "SSSHHHH!!!" the girl whispered back. Frustrated because she didn`t know what was going on, she said again without whispering, "What`s going on?" All the girls turned to her and put their fingers to their lips and said "SSSSSHHHH!!!" again. The girl was getting annoyed because none of the girls were telling her what was happening so she just decided she would find out for herself. She walked up to the door and just as she put her hand on the knob, the girls said in unicent, "NOO-" and just as the touched the knob she stumbled back and fell on one of the other girls` beds on the other side of the room. The girls just stared as she wiggled on the bed. She looked like she was tied down and was trying to escape ropes that tied her there, her hands swinging freely like there was an imaginary person she was trying to fight. She finally jumped off the bed as if she ropes that had once held her down became untied. Still sitting on the beds, all the girls turned there attention back to the door. When the sounds of the footsteps faded into the distance, all the girls turned to the new girl. "WHAT HAPPENED?!" They all asked, but it sounded more like an exclamation. "I-I-I.." the girl started, "I put my hand on the door and it felt as if a hand pushed my chest with such force that all the wind was knocked out of me. Then I felt cold hands around my kneck strangling me and pinning me to the bed. Their hands were so cold I got goosebumps, but no matter how hard I tried to free myself from their grasp, their hands seemed to get colder and squeeze tighter. The scariest part was the fact that there was nothing to fight. I tried to hit whatever held me down but all I could feel was my hand going through cold air, it felt like I was in front of an air conditioner. I felt so helpless because there was nothing I could do but endure the pain. Finally, whatever was holding me down, dissapeared and I felt the grip on my neck loosen and I jumped off the bed afraid it might try to pin me down again if I stayed." The girls were frightened because they had never had an actual encounter with the night marchers before. Figuring they should get some sleep because they still had classes the next day, they finally went to sleep. In the morning, the girl went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and while she looked in the mirror, she noticed that there were bruises on her neck. They were shaped like handprints. All her friends were terrified, but from then on, they knew to never disrupt the night marchers when they were heard marching down Castle Hall.

No comments: